This post is all about 15 must try fall inspired desserts that you absolutely need to try. If you haven’t already, check out our post on 22 must try dinner recipes for fall.
Not sure about you, but over here, after dinner we want dessert to follow. A sweet treat after a savory meal makes dinner that much more amazing.
Since it is officially fall (and yall know, we loveeee fall) we thought it would be a great idea to put together a list of 15 fall desserts that you need to add to your must try list.
When you think of fall, what flavors/scents comes to mind?
Probably pumpkin spice, apple spice, cinnamon, salted caramel and so much more! We’ll be focusing on desserts with these flavors. Some you’ve never heard of and others that you’ve been eyeing that you know you should try.
Either way, we’ve taken the guess work out of it for you and we hope you appreciate the list of fall desserts that we have for you.
15 Must Try Fall Inspired Desserts
1. Pumpkin spice magic cookie bars. According to Kara at Happy go Lucky, if you are looking for a fabulous pumpkin spice dessert that’s full of flavor, these pumpkin spice magic cookie bars have everything you’re looking for in a fall dessert. These cookie bars have the perfect amount of pumpkin spice in every bite. Get the recipe here.
2. Maple brown sugar cookies. Sally’s baking addiction has the perfect maple brown sugar cookies that you need to try. Seriously, this may be the best cookie recipe you’ve ever tried. Maple and brown sugar may not seem like anything special. But don’t speak too soon, wait until you try these. Crispy edges and chewy centers make for the perfect cookie! Oh, and guess what? These cookies pair well with maple icing. Sounds super delicious, right? Check out this recipe ASAP, you can find it here.
3. Caramel apple crisp. This is literally the perfect fall dessert, Kara at creations by Kara describes this recipe as, tart apples and caramel with a crunchy oat crust. Topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with more caramel. Is your mouth watering yet? Like, whew. That sounds damn good. Does anyone else feel like they just have to have vanilla ice cream with their dessert? Warm desserts need vanilla ice cream to top it off, period. Get the recipe here.
4. Pumpkin bars with cream cheese. These super simple and incredibly easy pumpkin bars are the perfect dessert for fall. This dessert is describes as moist and spicy and make for an amazing dessert to entertain with as well should you choose to do so. Get the recipe here.
5. Snickerdoodle apple pie bars. Molly has the perfect snickerdoodle apple pie bar recipe. Who would’ve thought that apple pie and snickerdoodles go together? We wanted to add in recipes that were a little different and have a little bit of a twist. The base layer is a snickerdoodle bar topped with cinnamon spice apple pie filling and then topped with even more snickerdoodle. Wow, sounds amazing. You should try this recipe at your earliest convenience. Get the recipe here.
6. Pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes. Pumpkin and chocolate chips? Sounds like a win-win to us! But who would’ve thought to put these two together. This recipe includes all of your favorite fall flavors like, pumpkin, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla. With the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor in the cake and the chocolate butter cream, it makes this recipe all the more perfect for fall. Try this recipe out for yourself. Get the recipe here.
7. Pumpkin whoopie pies with maple cream cheese frosting. That’s a mouth full and sounds like a dessert anyone would want to try this fall. Whoopie pies are basically light and fluffy cake with cream in the middle. In this case, this recipe has maple cream cheese frosting in the middle. It’s basically a cake sandwich lol. But you should seriously step outside the box and try these today! You can find the recipe here.
8. Apple cider donut cake. This recipe definitely sounds interesting and worth a try. This another easy fall recipe that you can simply whisk together. According to the recipe, no mixer is required here. Listen, this cake has a cinnamon-sugar coating that takes this cake and it’s flavor to a totally different level. This cake puts a different meaning on fall desserts. If you love cake but with extra sweetness, you need to try this recipe. You can find the recipe here.
9. Pumpkin pie bombs. This dessert is definitely unique. If you’re tired of the traditional pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake etc. Try these pie bombs that sure to leave you satisfied and wanting more. Easy and delicious, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. You can find the recipe here.
10. Brown butter apple blondies. This recipe includes all of your favorite things: cinnamon-spiced apples, brown sugar and brown butter, yum! And you already know, these blondies are soft and chewy. It’s a recipe that you should try out. The recipe is described as being chewy and not cakey. You can find the recipe here.
11. Caramel apple butter gooey bars. This recipe right here is for all of the caramel apple lovers! Here are all the deets on this recipe that you need to know about. So, this recipe has a spice cake base with a gooey apple butter filling and a drizzle of caramel takes this recipe to a whole other level. Get this recipe here.
12. Easy pumpkin pie twists. If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate pumpkin into a recipe, this is it! Now, if you love churros, you will most likely love these too. This pumpkin recipe is definitely a fall must try. You can find the recipe here.
13. Easy pumpkin spice donuts. This recipe requires only 4 ingredients, and guess what? It’s easy, lol. These aren’t your traditionally fried donuts either, they’re actually baked. They are also topped with a cinnamon sugar topping. How could you go wrong with this recipe? You cant. Get the recipe here.
14. Baked apple fritters. It’s no secret that apple fritters are literally a fall favorite. So we also don’t have to tell you that this recipe is a must try, for sure. Baked apples in chewy dough that’s coated with a sweet apple cider glaze. What’s not to love? Check out the recipe here.
15. Pumpkin pie ice cream. This recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie! The pumpkin pie flavor in this ice cream is literally unbelievable. All you have to do is mix a few ingredients together and pop it in the freezer, no churning necessary. That makes this recipe that much more of a winner. You can find the recipe here.
So, that wraps up our must try desserts for fall. If you haven’t already noticed a theme with these recipes, you should know by now that we aim to find easy and delicious recipes. As college students, we understand you don’t have all the time in the world. We hope you decide to try some of these recipes even if they are a bit out of your comfort zone. Let us know in the comments how the recipe(s) you choose comes out!